|BSC's Continuing Education (CE) offers Medication Assistant Training which provides classroom instruction and clinical practice to those preparing for employment as a Certified Medication Assistant for the administration of routine, regularly scheduled medications. Included in this 80-hour program is classroom instruction, supervised laboratory training and clinical practice.
Upon completion of this course, the student will understand:
- Medication concepts
- Roles, responsibilities, legal aspects and limitations of a Medication Assistant II
- Methods of medication packaging
- Storage of medication
- Administering and charting medications
- Standard precautions for infection control
- An overview of the major categories of medications and body systems
The CMA program is not holding classes for open enrollment.
For more detailed information on our medical training, check out:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- BSC Nursing Programs