The PCCET certification is a knowledge-based certification that validates candidates’ understanding of fundamental cybersecurity, network security, cloud security, and SOC security. The certification is designed for students, technical professionals, as well as any non-technical individuals interested in validating comprehensive knowledge on current cybersecurity tenets.
PCCET Certification Prerequisites
*This certification has no prerequisites.
Recommended training includes:
- Cybersecurity Foundation
- In the Cybersecurity Foundation course, you will learn fundamental principles associated with the current cybersecurity landscape and identify concepts required to recognize and potentially mitigate attacks against enterprise networks as well as mission critical infrastructure. You will also learn how to initially setup and configure interfaces, security zones, authentication, and policies on a next generation firewall.
- Network Security Fundamentals
- In the Network Security Fundamentals course, you will gain an understanding of the fundamental tenants of network security and review the general concepts involved in maintaining a secure network computing environment. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to describe general network security concepts and implement basic network security configuration techniques.
- Cloud Security Fundamentals
- In the Cloud Security Fundamentals course, you will learn basic principles associated with securing the cloud and SaaS-based applications through Secure Access Service Edge architecture and identify concepts required to recognize and potentially mitigate attacks against traditional and hybrid datacenters as well as mission critical infrastructure. You will also learn how to initially setup and configure containers on a docker bridge network and test the container security through the use of vulnerability scans and reports.
- Security Operations Fundamentals
- In the Security Operations Fundamentals course, you will gain an understanding of Security operations (SecOps) and the role it plays in protecting our digital way of life, for businesses and customers. You will learn continuous improvement processes to collect high-fidelity intelligence, contextual data, and automated prevention workflows that quickly identify and respond to fast-evolving threats. You will also learn how to leverage automation to reduce strain on analysts and execute the Security Operation Center’s (SOC) mission to identify, investigate, and mitigate threats.
- Palo Alto Networks Cybersecurity Academy Cybersecurity Survival Guide