BSC Strategic Plan - 2013-2018 (document)
BISMARCK STATE COLLEGE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
A national model for innovative education and workforce training
Bismarck State College, an innovative community college, offers high quality education, workforce training, and enrichment programs reaching local and global communities.
BSC's Culture of Innovation - Transforming Tomorrow Today
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES 2010-12
* Aligned to Academic Quality Improvement Program
• ENGAGE - People know who we are and what we have to offer.
* Understanding Students' and Other Stakeholders' Needs
Objective: - Implement fully the enrollment management plan in an effort to foster future campus growth.
* Leading and Communicating
Objective: - Evaluate BSC's operational processes to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, trust, and communication.
• CONNECT - We stay connected to our students and other stakeholders. We ensure the best quality student experience while students attend BSC.
* Valuing People
* Accomplishing Other Distinct Objectives(Serving external stakeholders)
* Building Collaborative Relationships
Objective: - Through a public relations strategy, bring the community to the campus to provide life-long learning opportunities.
• DELIVER - We follow through on our pledge to students and other stakeholders that we will deliver the best quality education and training for their success.
* Helping Students Learn
Objectives: - Enhance services and quality instruction that ensure students reach their goals.
- Expand student access to BSC's offerings.
- Ensure quality "learn by doing" experiences for all students.
* Supporting Organizational Operations
Objective: - Develop, fund, and implement a systematic approach to address issues regarding current, new, and emerging technologies.
* Measuring Effectiveness
Objective: - Identify, develop, and use data and performance indicators that will aid decision making, improve effectiveness, and encourage transparency both on campus and to the public.
* Planning Continuous Improvement
Objective: - Develop criteria (research, data, surveys, trends, etc.) in support of our resource priority setting process to aid in effective decisions for the FY 2012 budgeting cycle.
* Academic Quality Improvement Program
Bismarck State College maintains institutional accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). One of the pathways to achieve and maintain accreditation is the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP). BSC became an AQIP college in the spring of 2005 when the HLC accepted BSC's application for admission to AQIP.
File Size: 394.45 kb